Your Options For Broadcasting Schools In Houston
Here are your two primary options to begin your
career in radio
While searching for broadcasting schools in Houston, you essentially have two very different styles of radio broadcasting schools to choose from when looking to begin your career in radio.
- Traditional brick and mortar broadcasting schools, or
- Broadcasting apprenticeships in your nearby favorite radio station
Overview of Traditional Brick and Mortar Radio Broadcasting Schools
Just as the phrase suggests, these broadcasting schools are typically offered in stand-alone buildings, far removed from the actual broadcasting industry. If you don't happen to live near a large city in Houston that has a broadcasting school, you'll either have to relocate, or you're out of luck, and your career in radio will have to wait.
If you learn best in a classroom environment, in which lectures and note-taking are a big part of the learning experience, these type of broadcasting schools would likely be a good fit for your learning style.
Of course, you must also have a flexible schedule that allows you to attend set class times on specific days, as well.
Broadcasting Apprenticeships: Best Suited for One-on-One, Hands-On Learners
The other type of broadcasting schools in Houston is an apprenticeship model. Here, you learn one-on-one from a working broadcaster who serves as your mentor instructor at a nearby radio station.
Broadcasting apprenticeships ARE broadcasting schools. In Houston, whatever radio station you choose to train at becomes your broadcasting school classroom. In other words, your career in radio can begin regardless of where you live.
Oh, and did we mention that you're developing influential industry contacts from day one while training in a real radio station near you? More importantly, influential industry contacts are getting to know who you are.
Some of the benefits of broadcasting apprenticeships include
- Every radio station in Houston is a possible broadcasting school training location for you
- Your training program is fully customized around your interests and schedule
- Your training is one-on-one and hands-on with a working professional broadcaster
- Flexible training days and times available
- You develop industry contacts and build a network from the beginning
- Insider advantage to jobs as they become available
Here's how broadcasting apprenticeships work
- You choose the radio station, training times, and training days. You will then be paired with a broadcaster from that radio station to serve as your mentor-instructor.
- Your training is also customized around your specific areas of interest and availability. Interested in how to be a radio DJ, talk show host, sports broadcaster, or newscaster? No problem.
- You're learning specific broadcasting skills without being forced to learn useless information you'll never need.
By all means, continue doing your due diligence by checking out all broadcasting schools in Houston. The success of your career in radio depends upon the soundness of your strategy taken when getting started.
If after doing your due diligence you believe that the Broadcasters Mentoring Groups hands-on, one-on-one approach to learning with a working broadcaster near you is the best fit for your learning style, budget, and career goals, please fill out a contact form found here.
Finally, you are greatly encouraged to compare “The other guys” prices, training programs, and job placement assistance guarantees with BMG’s. You'll soon discover… no one enables you get your foot in the door to receive the necessary contacts and training - at an affordable price - like BMG offers you .