Learn how to be a radio broadcaster – from a radio broadcaster.
Quick summary of what’s on this page:
- The best teacher of radio broadcasting skills is a working radio broadcaster
- Broadcasting Mentoring Group (BMG) will provide a working radio broadcaster as your mentor, in a nearby station you choose. No need to travel or relocate.
- BMG offers separate programs for training as a radio DJ, sportscaster, newscaster, or talk show host.
- Your mentor will be a broadcaster in your chosen specialty.
- Sportscaster training is through Sportscasters Mentoring Group (SMG), the nation’s only training program exclusively devoted to sports broadcasting.
- Training is one on one, the most effective teaching method.
- Training is scheduled around your availability. No need to quit your job.
- As you train, you build a network of invaluable insider industry contacts.
- Contacts, plus your mentor’s recommendation, offer the best path to a job.
- There’s a choice of 3 or 6 month programs.
- Contact BMG to find out more, with no cost or obligation.
Your radio training through the Broadcasters Mentoring Group is structured to give you an unfair advantage. Since you want to learn how to be a radio broadcaster, who better to act as your teacher and mentor than a local working radio broadcaster?
When jobs in radio open up, who better to recommend you for hire than your mentor, who already has his own well-established network of connections and contacts.
Ensuring that you have a distinct advantage over others is what’s meant when we say, “Radio Training, the BMG Way.”
Choose between Radio DJ, Sportscasting, and Talk/News Training
Your radio training is customized around your fields of interest, as well as your schedule and availability. The following radio training programs are offered as Virtual Training – six month ‘Ultra Insider’ training program – or nine month ‘Ultimate Pro Insider‘ training program
Radio DJ training – Regardless of what type of music you target as your DJ trademark, BMG offers diverse training programs in every format. Rock, urban contemporary, hip hop, smooth jazz, top 40, and hot AC are but a few of the types of formats in which BMG apprentices have trained.
Our unique strategy: You choose the radio station in your area in which to train. You’ll also choose your training days and times. Then your local mentoring DJ supplies the tools to convert your passion into a fulfilling career .To learn more about how to be a radio DJ through BMG’s radio training program, click here.
Sports Broadcasting Training– Interested in becoming a sports talk host, play-by-play announcer, color analyst, sideline reporter, or update anchor? Because sports broadcasting has so many facets to it, we created a sister company that teaches JUST the specific techniques of sports broadcasting, all the time.
The Sportscasters Mentoring Group (SMG) is the only all sports broadcasting school in the US. While other broadcasting schools treat sports broadcasting like a chapter in the book, SMG considers sports broadcasting to be THE book, with its own separate curriculum and training materials.
To learn more about SMG’s all sports broadcasting school, and how you can be broadcasting sports within 3 to 6 months, Click Here.
Talk/News Training – Whether your interest is in becoming a talk show host or newscaster, BMG offers training in a talk or news radio station near you.
BMG’s talk show apprentices range from business professionals seeking to promote their expertise and exploit their talent and drive via the airwaves, to radio aficionados who have always dreamed of becoming a radio talk show host.
Current affairs, politics, entertainment, and community activism are but a few of the talk formats BMG students train in.