Successful radio careers begin from both WHAT you know, and WHO you know
Have you dreamed of ways to become a DJ, talk show host, sports broadcaster, or newscaster, but never knew exactly how it was best done? It begins by gaining the necessary broadcasting skills.
Turning your dream into reality is very possible, but take it from those who know.
You need more than luck.
You’ll also need more than just skills for radio broadcasting. The days when a snazzy demo tape and resume alone would open doors for you are long over.
In today’s world of radio broadcasting, you need passion, a strong work ethic, dedication, and the hardest of all ingredients to get – insider access and contacts.
Your Biggest Challenge To Becoming A Radio Broadcaster?
The biggest challenges all newcomers face when trying to launch their radio careers are trying to determine the best radio school to attend and how best to get your “foot in the door.” Having just broadcasting skills with no insider contacts, or insider contacts with few broadcasting skills, will do you little good.
You need both broadcasting skills and industry contacts in order to stand a fighting chance of ever realizing your dream of becoming a successful radio broadcaster.
It should be obvious why acquiring announcing skills are a must. You’re in the communications business, and proper communication skills are a large part of the job requirements. Not so obvious to some, however, is the importance of establishing influential insider contacts as soon as possible.
The reason is simple: Radio broadcasting is a competitive business. After all, who WOULDN’T want to get paid to play their favorite songs, discuss hot political topics, or announce sporting events for a living?
Some broadcasting jobs may literally have hundreds of applicants vying for one prized position. Many other broadcasting jobs never open up because they are filled from within – which is exactly where you will be as a BMG “Ultra-Insider.”
Your training occurs inside the radio station, or with a team’s play-by-play announcer.
Think about it. One positive recommendation to management about your broadcasting skills – from a trusted employee who is personally training you – is an advantage that few other candidates will enjoy when a broadcasting job becomes available.
Can you now see why having insider contacts is every bit as important as having solid broadcasting skills?
How to Develop Broadcasting Skills AND Insider Contacts
The first question you need to answer becomes “How can I develop my broadcasting announcing skills AND make insider contacts at the same time?”
If your answer is “college broadcasting,” think again. You’ll make contacts in college radio or TV, but few – or none – in the real world of broadcasting.
The same sad truth holds true for traditional broadcasting schools. The leap from the broadcasting school classroom to the broadcasting booth is one that you’ll have to navigate on your own, since they operate in two different worlds.
This is exactly why you need an advantage – an “Insider” advantage – which puts you on the fast track to broadcasting success.
Introducing the “Ultra-Insider” six month radio school training program which gives you that valuable insider advantage.
A Hands-on Radio Broadcasting School
Because of the hands-on training and on-the-job insider access you gain, you automatically become a broadcasting “Ultra-Insider.” It begins in a local radio station of your choosing. A broadcaster from that station will serve as your own personal mentor-instructor. With the BMG program, you’re able to get exactly the training situation you’re looking for.
- YOU choose the radio station or sports team to train with, from over 312 markets throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- YOU choose your training days and times
- YOU choose the format – music DJ, talk show hosting, newscasting, sports broadcasting, or audio production – based on your goals and interests.
- Most importantly, YOU don’t need to relocate!
What makes BMG different?
Most radio broadcasting schools teach you about broadcasting. At BMG, you’ll actually become a broadcaster by broadcasting your own Internet radio show from day one. Instead of meeting with instructors to grade boring workbook assignments, your BMG mentor-instructor will improve your actual broadcasting skills. Your mentor will be providing you with the very skills you need to be hired.
Real life in-station or team training: “It’s not WHAT you know, but WHO you know!”
In broadcasting, your biggest challenge is “getting your foot in the door” for your first job. To make that happen, you greatly benefit from any advantage that makes employers aware of who you are, and confident in your abilities. To get your “foot in the door,” though, you’ll need a sound strategy.
The “Ultra-Insider” Broadcaster Training program is your sound strategy. That’s because it provides you with personal access to influential broadcasters and principal decision-makers, even while you’re training.
An overview of what makes you an “Ultra-Insider”
BMG’s instructors are actual insiders who are working broadcasters. Through your instructor, you’ll gain access to influential contacts and decision-makers.
- You’ll receive personal, one-on-one guidance – at your pace.
- You’ll receive hands-on, structured learning in a real radio station or with a professional team.
- You’re taught with the most contemporary radio broadcasting course curriculum available.
Other advantages to being an “Ultra Insider” include:
- Personal assistance in creating your demo tape and portfolio.
- Cutting edge continuing education opportunities for six additional months after your training has ended.
- Available in over 312 markets throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Online seminars – in addition to your training – taught by radio personalities and management.
- Lifetime Job Placement assistance.
Your Six Month “Ultra Insider” Radio Course Includes:
- Six months of hands-on training inside a nearby radio station
- Convenient training schedule which YOU set
- Hosting your own Internet radio show with personalized mentor feedback
- Structured learning using the most in-depth and contemporary radio broadcasting course curriculum available
- Online seminars taught by sports broadcasters, radio DJs, newscasters, and talk show hosts
- Six additional months of teleconference classes with broadcasting mentors upon completion of training
- Demo Tape and resume posted on TVandRadioJobs.com job board
- Lifetime Job Placement assistance
- Demo tape creation and portfolio assistance
In addition to all of the great features listed above, your cutting edge course curriculum includes learning modules covering the following areas:
- Introduction to Professional Announcing
- The Studio Environment – Radio
- Vocal Development
- Performance Development
- Commercial Announcing
- Interviewing Techniques
- News Announcing
- Specialty Announcing
- Introduction to Voiceovers
- Sports Broadcasting Announcing
- Beginning an Announcing Career
- Copywriting essentials
- Developing Your Demo Tape
- Integrating Social Media into Radio
- Building and Utilizing Your Network
- Secrets to Landing Your First Job in Broadcasting
Alternative financing sources
- If you’re eligible for job training or retraining, many state agencies have vocational rehab and job training programs that may pay for your BMG training. Check with your counselor or have them contact BMG regarding eligibility.
- 401k plans may be utilized without penalty for educational purposes.
- Employee reimbursement programs – check with your human resources department.
- VA Voc rehab. Veterans must have disability rating to qualify.
Visa & MasterCard accepted. Financing available.
6-month Ultra Insider Payment Options
Full Cash Pay – Best Deal!
- Just $7,750
- $1,000 discount applied (regular price $8,750)
Financing through Universal Guardian Acceptance
- Base price $8,750
- $1,000 down payment required
- 24 monthly payments @ 17.9% interest
- $386.54 each monthly payment
- Credit check required
In-House One Year Financing
- Base price $8,750
- $4,500 down payment required
- 12 monthly payments @5.00% interest
- $363.83 each month payment
- No credit check required
Here’s What You Do Next
- Submit the Questions/Contact form below, or
- Discover the pricing and curriculum specifics about your “Ultra Insider” tuition and enrollment procedures, or
- Call our offices between 9 a.m.-7 p.m. PST Monday-Friday or 10 a.m.-3 p.m. PST Saturday
If submitting an email request, please specify a convenient time you can be reached to have any further questions addressed. Be assured – a friendly, non-salesy BMG advisor will be in touch at the time you request. Call or email now to discuss how you can take part in BMG’s six month “Ultra Insider” radio school.