Discover how to choose the best radio school for you in Atlanta
Looking for Radio Broadcasting Schools in Atlanta?
If you’re seeking to begin your career in radio broadcasting, you have two different types of radio schools to choose from: a traditional brick and mortar radio school, or an apprenticeship in broadcasting at your favorite area radio station.
Traditional Brick and Mortar Radio Broadcasting Schools in Atlanta
As the phrase implies, typical brick and mortar radio broadcasting schools are held in stand-alone buildings that are far removed from the actual broadcasting industry.
This means that you have to either regularly commute to a radio school near you in Atlanta – which may or may not be convenient – or relocate to an area near Atlanta that has a radio broadcasting school.
If that’s not possible, you’re simply out of luck and your career in broadcasting will have to wait.
But if traditional classroom learning is your style, and you actually prefer lectures and note-taking as a major part of the learning experience, then brick and mortar radio broadcasting schools in Atlanta might be right for you.
Keep in mind that this choice will require you to have a flexible schedule in order to fit in the rigid class times that traditional brick and mortar radio broadcasting schools require.
Radio Broadcasting Schools in Atlanta: the Apprenticeship Model
Are you a one-on-one, hands-on learner? If so, you’ll surely be interested in the other type of radio broadcasting school in Atlanta, which is the apprenticeship model offered by our award-winning Broadcasters Mentoring Group.
And you can launch your broadcasting career in whatever Atlanta radio station you choose.
What BMG does to help you begin your career in radio is to set you up with a working broadcaster who trains you right at the radio station of your choice in Atlanta.
Broadcasting apprenticeships essentially ARE radio broadcasting schools. In Atlanta, the radio station that you choose to train at becomes your own radio broadcasting school classroom.
In other words … regardless of where you live in Georgia, even if you aren’t near Atlanta, your career in radio begins now.
And did we mention that in addition to training at your favorite nearby radio station, you’re also developing influential contacts in the industry from the very first day?
Here are just a few of the ways you benefit from training in BMG’s broadcasting apprenticeship program:
- Every area radio station is a possible radio broadcasting school in Atlanta for you. BMG doesn’t contract out with just one or two radio stations in Atlanta. Which means that virtually every radio station in Atlanta is a prospective broadcasting school for you.
- Your training is customized around your own particular interests.
- You’re learning directly from a working professional broadcaster in a hands-on, one-on-one setting.
- You train around your schedule and availability.
- You’re developing a network of influential industry contacts from day one.
- You’re gaining an almost unfair advantage to land jobs when they become available, since you’re already in the station when jobs open up.
- Tuition financing available. BMG doesn’t offer government-sponsored financial aid, but tuition financing is available to qualified students.
- Your training begins when YOU are ready. BMG isn’t set up on a semester basis like colleges are. So, rather than waiting for the next semester to begin, you begin training when you’re ready.
Here’s how your radio broadcasting apprenticeship in Atlanta works
- You select your radio station, training times, and training days.
- You’ll then be paired with a currently working broadcaster within that station to serve as your mentor-instructor.
- Your training is then customized to meet your specific interests and schedule. For instance, if you’re interested in learning how to be a sports broadcaster, talk show host, radio DJ, or a newscaster, that’s no problem!
- Your learning is also targeted to the specific broadcasting skills you’ll need, minus the useless information such as studio engineering that are part of other programs.
A final word: You’re strongly encouraged to compare BMG’s hands-on mentor apprentice training program with other radio broadcasting schools in Atlanta. You owe it to yourself to do so, as your strategy out of the starting gate will determine your eventual success as a radio broadcaster.
So by all means – please compare testimonials from BMG’s broadcasting students, prices, three and six month training programs, and job placement assistance guarantees. We believe that no radio broadcasting schools in Atlanta will get you through the door and into the seat of a radio broadcaster as successfully and as affordably as BMG.
Getting started is easy and there’s no cost or obligation to learn more. Just click on the radio specialty that interests you below or fill out the contact form on this page. Or simply call BMG at (818) 879-0858.
Atlanta audiences are waiting to hear from you. And so are we. Contact BMG today!