Here are your two primary options to begin your career in radio
In searching for broadcasting schools in Houston, you have two very different styles of radio broadcasting schools to choose from, when looking to begin your career in radio.
- Traditional brick and mortar broadcasting schools, or
- Broadcasting apprenticeships in your nearby favorite radio station
Overview of Traditional Brick and Mortar Radio Broadcasting Schools
Just as the phrase suggests, these broadcasting schools are typically offered in stand-alone buildings, far removed from the actual broadcasting industry. If you don’t happen to live near a part of Houston that has a broadcasting school, you’ll either have to commute, relocate, or your career in radio will have to wait.
If you learn best in a classroom environment, in which lectures and note-taking are a big part of the learning experience, this type of broadcasting school would likely be a good fit for your learning style.
Of course, you must also have a flexible schedule that allows you to attend set class times on specific days, as well. This could interfere with keeping a present job while you learn.
Broadcasting Apprenticeships: Best Suited for One-on-One, Hands-On Learners
The other type of broadcasting school in Houston is an apprenticeship model. Here, you learn one-on-one from a working broadcaster who serves as your mentor-instructor at a nearby radio station.
Broadcasting apprenticeships ARE broadcasting schools. In Houston, whatever radio station you choose to train at becomes your broadcasting school classroom. In other words, your career in radio can begin regardless of where you live.
And did we mention that you’re developing influential industry contacts from day one while training in a real radio station near you? More importantly, these industry insiders are getting to know who you are.
Some of the benefits of broadcasting apprenticeships include
- Every radio station in Houston is a possible broadcasting school training location for you.
- Your training program is fully customized around your interests and schedule.
- Your training is one-on-one and hands-on with a working professional broadcaster.
- Flexible training days and times available. No need to quit a present job.
- You build a network of your own insider contacts from the beginning.
- You gain an insider’s advantage in landing jobs as they become available.
Here’s how broadcasting apprenticeships work
- You choose the radio station, training times, and training days. You will then be paired with a broadcaster from that radio station to serve as your mentor-instructor.
- Your training is also customized around your specific areas of interest and availability. Interested in how to be a radio DJ, talk show host, sports broadcaster, or newscaster? No problem.
- You’re learning specific broadcasting skills without being forced to learn useless information you’ll never need.
By all means, continue doing your due diligence by checking out all broadcasting schools in Houston. That’s because the success of your career in radio will likely depend upon the soundness of the strategy you choose when getting started.
If, after doing your due diligence, you believe that the Broadcasters Mentoring Groups hands-on, one-on-one approach to learning with a working broadcaster near you is the best fit for your learning style, budget, and career goals, It’s easy to contact us. Just click on the radio specialty that interests you below or fill out the contact form on this page. Or simply call BMG at (818) 879-0858. You’ll receive a free radio career consultation with no obligation to continue unless you wish to.
Finally, you are greatly encouraged to compare “the other guys’” prices, training programs, and job placement assistance guarantees with BMG’s. You’ll soon discover that no one enables you to get your foot in the door to receive the necessary contacts and training to become a radio broadcaster, at an affordable price like BMG offers you
Houston is known for its space program. Let BMG fuel your career liftoff. Contact us today!