Begin your career in radio broadcasting at your favorite local radio station near you in Ohio
If your dream is to attend one of the radio broadcasting schools in Ohio, your opportunity to do so is tremendous.
All three of Ohio’s top cities, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus are in the nation’s top 40 markets. Ohio also has hundreds of smaller stations. And every one of those stations, depending on format, needs DJs, sportscasters, newscasters, hosting for talk shows, and broadcasters of every stripe. But to pursue these jobs, besides drive and willpower, which you likely already have, you need two things you likely don’t.
Those are broadcasting skills and knowledge and insider contacts in the industry.
You can get both in a broadcasting school. But to get both, you need to pick the right kind of school. That school is Broadcasters Mentoring Group. Here’s why:
There are two completely different kinds of radio broadcasting schools in Ohio:
- Traditional brick and mortar broadcasting schools, which are far removed from the real broadcasting industry, versus
- Broadcasting schools that utilize a mentor-apprentice apprenticeship training model. This enables you to learn the craft, one-on-one, from a working broadcaster in a real radio station near you.
What are brick and mortar radio broadcasting schools in Ohio?
Brick and mortar radio broadcasting schools are offered in stand-alone buildings, set far apart from the real radio broadcasting industry. They are usually located in large cities, so if you live elsewhere, you would either need to move to a large city in Ohio, or regularly commute.
If neither is viable, then your career in radio broadcasting will have to wait.
However, if you have access to traditional brick and mortar radio broadcasting schools in Ohio, and you enjoy attending lectures and taking lots of notes, then this type of school may help you reach your career goals.
Bear in mind, though, how rigid a traditional class schedule can be. You’ll need to organize your personal and work schedule around the time classes are held. You might even need to quit a present job.
And what you’re not likely to get in a brick and mortar school is a network of current contacts in the industry. Studies show such contacts were a crucial factor in six of 10 new radio hires. If your school doesn’t help you to develop them, you may graduate knowing what you need to know, but not who you need to know.
Radio broadcasting schools in Ohio: the Apprenticeship Model
If you’re a hands-on learner who’s committed to starting your career in radio right away, and require a flexible training schedule, then you would benefit from a broadcasting apprenticeship offered by our award-winning Broadcasters Mentoring Group. Here’s how we can help you:
Start your career in radio broadcasting today
First, we’ll set you up with a real, working professional broadcaster right at the radio station of your choice near you in Ohio.
While you may have the idea that radio broadcasting apprenticeships aren’t actually broadcasting schools, they ARE. This means that your favorite radio station serves as your broadcasting school classroom, and your “professor” is actually a working broadcaster.
So no matter where you’re located in Ohio, as long as there are radio stations near you, and that’s just about everywhere in the Buckeye State, your career in radio broadcasting can begin right now.
But as we said above, equally important to receiving quality on-air training is developing your own network of influential industry contacts. Because you’re training in a real radio station, you’ll also be developing currently working contacts from day one.
Some ways you benefit from a broadcasting apprenticeship with BMG:
- Each radio station in your city in Ohio becomes a possible radio broadcasting school for you. (We contract with multiple radio stations in every market.)
- Your training program is customized to your unique interests and schedule.
- You train directly with an actual working professional broadcaster.
- You enjoy the flexibility of setting your own schedule.
- You build a network of key industry contacts from day one.
- You receive insider leads to job openings as soon as they open up.
- We’re affordable! Compare BMG’s tuition costs with other radio broadcasting schools in Ohio, and you’ll immediately notice the difference.
- While BMG doesn’t offer government-sponsored financial aid, conventional financing is available.
- You begin right away! No need to wait until the semester begins. Apprenticeship programs aren’t set up on a semester basis as in most colleges. You start whenever you’re ready!
How our broadcasting apprenticeships in Ohio work:
- You choose your radio station, training times and days. You’ll then be set up to learn one-on-one from a working broadcaster within that radio station, who serves as your mentor-instructor.
- We customize your program. Say you’re interested in learning to be a newscaster, talk show host, radio DJ, or how to be a sports broadcaster… No problem! Your training is tailored to your own broadcasting interests.
Because this decision of how to get your foot in the door and receive the proper training is so important, we encourage you to compare BMG with all other radio broadcasting schools in Ohio. Compare BMG’s three and six-month training programs, prices, job placement assistance guarantees.
You’ll soon discover that no other radio broadcasting school in Ohio will help you establish your professional broadcasting career in radio as effectively and affordably as BMG.
But none of this happens until you take the first step. Read this website and especially our FAQ page. Or even easier, click on the radio specialty that interests you below or fill out the contact form on this page. Or simply call BMG at (818) 879-0858. A BMG consultant will get back to you to answer all your questions and provide a free radio career consultation. There’s never any cost or obligation to learn more.
Ohio radio audiences are looking forward to hearing from you. So are we. Get that dream rolling by contacting BMG today!